If you can’t be in in South East Asia you can at least cook the food to help you think you’re there… Helen and I love Thailand, the food, the people just resonate with us so much.
this dish is so easy but so packed with flavour!
2 tbs peanut or sunflower oil
500g chicken mince
1 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemongrass stalk, inner core finely grated
1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roots finely chopped
2 tbs soy sauce
½ bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
150g mixed salad leaves
250g mixed tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup (55g) almonds, toasted and chopped
Juice of 2 limes
2 tbs fish sauce
1 birdseye chilli, finely sliced
½ tsp palm sugar, or raw sugar
- Heat oil in a large frypan over high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes until golden. Add onion, garlic, lemongrass and coriander roots. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add soy sauce and cook a further 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the salad, combine coriander leaves, Thai basil, salad leaves and tomatoes.
- Divide between bowls. Top with chicken, almonds and dressing.
Fresh and full of flavour, so easy but so damn good!